Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Menu Week #1

This is my menu for my first week.

Day 1
Oatmeal and an orange
A cup of noodles
Tacos

Day 2
Two oranges and a Hot Pocket
A sandwich and an orange
Sloppy Joe's

Day 3
Cereal
Tacos
Chili dogs

Day 4
Cereal
Macaroni and cheese
Eggs and potatoes

Day 5
Hot Pockets
Hot dogs with homemade fries
BBQ chicken

Day 6
Cereal and an orange
Noodles
Grilled sandwiches

Day 7
French toast
Sandwich
Chicken Pizza

After this week I still had 2 pounds of potatoes, 4 pounds of chicken, a loaf of french bread, 1/3 of a box of cereal, 10 tortillas, a pound of oranges, 4/5 a box of oatmeal, and a bag of frozen vegetables. The original items I had before, and still have, are salt, pepper, 4lbs. of flour, 2lbs. sugar, ketchup, mustard, mayo, baking soda/powder, and a box of Jell-O.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting meal ideas but if you were coooking for me.....
    Day 1
    Plain oatmeal, yuck.
    1 cup of noodles, we'll starve.
    Tacos? salt and pepper ground beef on tortillas, mmm pass the ketchup?!
    Day 2
    Hot Pockets!!
    Lots of mustard on my sandwich
    Call me when you get the buns
    Day 3
    Tacos again, what did I do to you?
    Chili dogs! pass the onions, what no onions? this time only....
    Day 4
    After day 3 I need some veggies, I'll pass.
    Day 5
    Hot Pockets?!
    So how about them fries?
    BBQ chicken with salt and pepper, No sauce?
    Day 6
    Sorry I can't eat right now.
    Day 7
    Call me again and I'll get a restraining order.

    But seriously all in all you made a good effort.The bag of veggies are going to get frost bite. Spices would be a good investment and help the flavor of your meals. Keep it up, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the teen-age boy went junk food crazy with an emphasis on JUNK. The menu lacks nutritional balance. I would have liked to have seen more dairy, vegetables and fruit. I think some of your money should be spent on stocking a more complete and useful pantry. I would really like to see less reliance to packaged foods.

    Good first try. Make sure you are considering all the criteria next time. Taste plays a very important role and I highly doubt anyone is going to want to eat unseasoned food.

    Remember this quote... "I don't know where you buy your food but where I buy mine it doesn't come seasoned." ~Emeril

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oatmeal cookies with that leftover oatmeal! Raid your mom's pantry...

    ReplyDelete